To sign in, enter the QuickPay Code (via www.quickpayportal.com/quickpay code) also known as Statement ID or Access Code, from then patient statement.
Please Read Below Before Making Payment
- If the patient does not have the Statement ID or Access Code they will not be able to make a payment
- www.QuickPayPortal.com/QuickPay Code is operated by AthenaHealth
- Must be 18 years of age or older in order to make a payment
- A valid credit card is needed
- Credit cards allowed include American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa
- Those who need a credit card should check out the AMEX Magnet credit card (a great cash back card for those with good or great credit)
- Making a payment should take less than one minute
What is the Quick Pay Patient Portal?
www.QuickPayPortal.com/QuickPay Code should only be accessed by the patient or those authorized by the patient (e.g. guarantor).
www.QuickPayPortal.com/QuickPay Code Notes
- Any questions about the bill should be directed to the doctors office who performed the visit (not the portal)
- Some doctors offices
- The portal also allows the patient to view appointments, print recent billing statements, update information (i.e. phone number, mailing address), download medical forms, and update billing information
- Patients are not allowed to permanently delete sent or archived messages (the reason for this is now known at this time)
Any questions for Athena Health can be directed to toll free 800.981.5084 between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday or Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm (the Athena Health call cent is not open on Sundays).