Class members (www.grassseedsettlement.com) assuming they have proof of purchase) may claim up to six packages for a total of $90 (assuming they have proof of purchase).
Please Read Below Before Filing a Claim!
- Claim forms must be filed by 12/4/2018
- The case is entitled re: Scotts EZ Seed Litigation
- Listed as case number 12-cv-4727
- The settlement fairness hearing will take placer on or around 12/19/18
- www.grassseedsettlement.com is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Class members who have proof of purchase can claim a maximum of $90
- Class members without proof of purchase can claim a maximum of $45
Scotts marketed their Turf Builder EZ Seed product as growing grass “50% Thicker With Half The Water” when compared to ordinary seeds. The only problem with this statement is it wasn’t true according to the class members.
- Those who do not live in the state of California or New York should not file a claim
- When it began selling the EZ Seed product in 2009, Scotts described it as a “revolutionary seeding product” that contains an absorbent growing material that uses the water it absorbs to expand and surround seeds with a moist, protective layer that provides the seeds with water and nourishment
- Please note Scotts denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid further litigation
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by Scott “the burner” Bursor, Joseph I. Marchese, Neal “BIG BOY” Deckant, Yitzchak Kopel, Nadeem Faruqi, and Timothy (ping pong) Peter.
Scotts has hired Samuel A. Danon, Shawn Patrick Regan, Joshua S. Paster, Joshua M. Kalb, and Neil Gilman from the law firm of HUNTON ANDREWS KURTH LLP.
www.GrassSeedSettlement.com Contact Information
- Mail: Scotts EZ Seed Litigation c/o Heffler Claims Group, Claims Administrator P.O. Box 8748 Philadelphia, PA 19101-8748
- Phone: 1-844-271-4786
- Email: Not Available
Who should file a claim? (Grass Feed Settlement class members defined)
Anyone in the state of California or New York who purchases any variety of Scotts EZ Seed bearing the 50% Thicker Claim between the time of Jan. 1, 2009 to Sept. 30, 2014.
Other Open Settlements